After working with countless small businesses in a variety of industries, we quickly noticed a trend - a fair amount of our new clients had skipped setting up a Facebook Business Page when they were setting up their social media accounts. Either their generation didn’t grow up using Facebook, they don’t believe that their target market is on Facebook, or it felt like too much of a hassle to setup.
Below are the 8 reasons you should strongly consider setting up a Facebook Business Page and connecting it to your Professional Instagram Page.
1, Facebook has the largest audience of any social media platform,with roughly 2.91 billion monthly active users, compared to approximately 1 billion on Instagram
2. Facebook primary demographics have strong purchasing power:
- Largest age group: 25-34 (31.5%)
- Largest user base of users over 30 with highest incomes of all social media platforms
- Gender: 43% female, 57% male (no data on other genders)
- Average time spent per user per day: 33 minutes
- 96% of active user accounts access Facebook with a mobile device
- 65 million small businesses have Facebook Pages
- 40% of consumers say that they watch most videos on Facebook
- 89% of marketers say they use Facebook as part of their brand social strategy
3. Seamless integration: all Instagram post details like location, hashtags, and emojis are shared to Facebook
4. Instagram Post can automatically be shared to Facebook (recommended)
5. Facebook saves all uploads from Instagram and places them in their own album titled “Instagram Photos”.
6. Advertising: Facebook allows you to launch advertising campaigns on both platforms simultaneously. A main advantage of doing this with Facebook’s Business Manager (a free tool) is that you have access to much more control over the detail of targeting audience segmentations, budget per ad or campaign, formats, and ad placement. Facebook campaign performance and ROI metrics are more in depth than Instagram Insights.
7. Account recovery is far less painful when you lose access to either of your accounts\
8. Last but not least, there is virtually no downside to creating a Facebook Business Page and integrating it with your Instagram Business Account
The integration these two services offer is something you can’t yet find across any other two social media platforms.Next steps: How to connect your Instagram Professional Account and your Facebook Business Page